Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Forestry Clearing Saw

Our new toy, I mean tool, on the Boundary Crew is the Stihl Forestry Clearing Saw 450 - yay! It just gives you shivers reading the name, doesn't it. Due to the efficiency and just plain kick-assedness of this tool, we are able to get so much more done than we could by hand. Here are some pics of this wonderful, beautiful, amazing tool. Yay!





Here's Ellen using the clearing saw. These pictures don't even begin to show the thickness of the spruce and fir trees on the boundary!




Carrying the clearing saw on the Pack In. It made it ok most of the time, but I did get clothes-lined a couple of times.



Sally & I discussing the poor footing on the boundary and deciding to stop using the saw. Safety first.


I'm officially the Keeper of the Saw. You can try to pry it from my cold dead hands, but I wouldn't suggest it.

No comments:

Post a Comment