Monday, October 15, 2007

Funny Faces

As this was our last week in the Mahoosucs, I thought I should put some pics of us in our finest moments in the Mahoosucs. Remember, the blog's not over . . . There's more adventures to come from the Boundary Crew. After all, don't you want to keep up with what these cool folks are up to?
Sally & Emily looking excited to be at Carlo Col Shelter.


Ellen looks like she may have gotten overheated that day.


Oops! Kilt on a windy day!

Emily sporting the characteristic boundary hands.


Tree . . . Must . . . Die!


Ray looks quite stunned to be in this pic.



Tom's coming up the hoooole.


Not an appropriate way to blaze a line tree!



Lunch is one of the best times of the day! Ray loves his yummy tuna salad sandwich!



Oh, how happy I was about that sandwich. It was the highlight of my day!


And here's one bit of wonderful that I wanted to share with all of you. You may wonder what we all think about while hiking in the Mahoosucs for hours every day. Well, I think about lots of important things. One day I was contemplating Luna bars (if you've never had one, they're energy/health bars that are like granola bars with a layer of chocolate). Now, that sounds good, but I thought I could make it better. So, I invented Ellen's homemade Luna bars. (Or as Casey calls them Ellen's Sugar Snacks). I will share the secret just this once on this blog and just because y'all are so great. So here's the secret: you start off with fudge brownies and you finish with Rice Krispie treats. Oh yumm!




2 comments:

  1. cliff bars beat the crap out of luna bars. also, i dont know that is in the second picture. is that food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the above comment lieft by Ellen's cuz Shawn

    ReplyDelete